Since it was our maiden voyage, we wanted to try a few things, so we ordered a veggie burrito which comes with a plain salad (iceberg lettuce, tomato pieces, with a creamy dressing) on the side. We also ordered a cheese pupusa, a bean pupusa, a side of curtido, a side rice & beans, and some papas fritas. The food was gratifying on many levels and ATM proclaimed it to be the best burrito he's had in awhile. Bold claim, sir!
Behold:

All this for less than $15! It gives me a great sense of satisfaction that this restaurant appeared out of nowhere in my neighborhood. Good timing, Rosalinda! Go to here. 3700 John F Kennedy Blvd, North Little Rock.
-----
Little things...
I ordered some decorative Japanese paper for a future project. It arrived today and looks so much better in person than online. So pleased!


We have a rainbow maker in our living room. For around 15 minutes a day, it puts on a 'show', throwing rainbows all over the front room, which are not easy to capture on camera. I genuinely enjoy those minutes. Spectral evidence:


-----
Friday, my boss will be attending an emergency meeting regarding my (and other trial court assistant's) pay cut. I will learn the sordid details then. This had better not be some Tea Party fuckery, so help me. I still feel calm.
8 comments:
Good luck at the meeting! Give 'em hell.
Oh, and regarding that lovely rainbow maker, which is soooo pretty... THIS is on my wishlist: http://www.infmetry.com/diy-romantic-star-projector
xo.
Phwoah, that star projector is cool as hell! It'd be good for Halloween, for the spookiness effect.
Reading your blog is one of favorite small things to do. Great pictures, and just the right mix of joy and snark.
Makes me with that Suzi and I hung out with y'all more. Maybe I'll just boldly ask: can Suzi and I hang out with y'all more? We're reasonably fun people, I promise.
Oh, thanks, Glen! That really made my day.
So, yeah, let's hang out! I think we're going to the Evelyns/Lemonheads show tomorrow eve, if you're into that sort of thing. And then there's the LR Cream/R.I.O.T.S. show. That will be a good one. Or we can have dinner some time. Or all of the above. We're easy!
This weekend is jam-packed with my sister's wedding in Memphis, alas, so we'll miss mister Dando and the gang. I'll get with you about dinner or the other show, tho.
Oooooh, Memphis! I hope you have some time to do fun stuff for yourself whilst there. May I suggest Goner Records, RP Track, Gus's Fried Chicken, and the Lamplighter?
We'll be in touch about those other things!
We get rainbows in the living room between 9 and 11 a.m. during winter. Beeps can't wait for rainbow time to get here.
Good to read about Rosalinda's. Do they happen to serve adult beverages? (Park Hill, you're such a great neighborhood, but … this.)
No, no booze and I'm not even sure I can tack on a "yet" to that. But! I'm so happy to have another sit-down eatery. And it came from out of nowhere!
Post a Comment